CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 20, 2010

To TRI or not to try...

Almost a year ago, as I was sitting in the California sun, I had heard about this triathlon that they have at the lake no more than one mile from our home.  As I stood there...very pregnant...I stated that I was going to be participating in that event in 2010.

Well, here it is...2010...and the OC Triathlon is 16 weeks away.  I have thought about it in the recent weeks, but was beginning to write it off as I don't have the first clue about triathlons, nor do I have any of the gear needed...except for a pair of running shoes. 

So, here I am saying what the hell...I'm going for it.  It is on the 12th anniversary of my Grandfather passing away and I figure at those times when I am about to give up, I will just think of him poking his finger (hard) into my side and telling me to pick it up.  Please think of me and wish me luck in the upcoming weeks...I will definitely need it.  Any tips or advice is appreciated.  Hopefully I don't drown on my first attempt to swim.  Seriously.  If I cross the finish line on this one...it will be a HUGE accomplishment for myself.  Huge...


SWIM - 1.5K - 0.9 miles
BIKE - 40K - 24.8 miles
RUN - 10K - 6.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment