CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 11, 2010

LOOK VERY CLOSELY...........


Have you figured it out yet?
...nicely grouped together in our palm tree
...a group of black and yellow insects
...an estimate of more than 5000 grouped together
...they will sting you if you make them mad
...they produce honey

BEES!  And a crap load of them...I can use "crap load" here.

About 2 months ago our neighbor called me as I was just getting Andrew ready to leave and pick the boys up from school.  She sounded troubled as she said to me..."whatever you do, do not go out your front door right now."  First thoughts were that there was some crazy neighbor with a gun out front or maybe a mountain lion.  As I started walking towards the front of our home (I could hear a humming noise), she was telling me that her husband had just heard this very loud noise out front of their home and when he went to go see what it was...he saw the sky was black with an enormous swarm of bees.  Conveniently they found their new "home" in our front yard...lucky us.  By the time I had to leave, the majority of them had already made their way into the tree.  We ended up having to have them removed as our yard is where a lot of the neighborhood kids play...and the bees weren't leaving.

These guys were adrenaline junkies...crazy!




No comments:

Post a Comment